Q&A

HOME >  커뮤니티   >   Q&A  
Q&A

Piano performance DMA 년간 선발정원

페이지 정보

작성자 뮤직에임 작성일12-07-31 11:46 조회15,780회 댓글0건

본문

학위 취득까지 걸리는 시간은 보통 course work이 3년 걸리고, Thesis와 defending에 시간이 얼마나 걸리냐에 따라 다르겠지만, 보통 4~5년이 일반적인 기간입니다. 이는 학교에서 쉽게 답을 할 수 없는 내용이고요. 년간 선발인원에 대해서 말씀드리겠습니다. 말씀하신 4 학교에 메일을 보냈더니 3 학교가 답변을 보냈습니다. 참조하시라고 원문 그대로 싣습니다.   

Dear Shaun:

I am writing to you because I have a question to ask. My name is Kathleen Y. Kim from Korea and I am thinking about applying to your DMA program majoring in Piano performance. I tried to find the information from your school’s website, but I couldn’t do it; therefore, it will be greatly appreciated if you answer to my question at your earliest convenient time. My question is:

How many candidates apply for your DMA program in Piano performance and how many are generally accepted? If you can’t answer in exact number, please give me a rough idea.

Thank you in advance and I hope to have a chance to communicate with you in near future.

Sincerely yours,
Kathleen Y. Kim
DMA candidate in piano performance

1 U of Michigan

Dear Ms Kim: 

Thank you for your inquiry. I am not aware of the total number of applicants for the DMA program in Piano Performance. I can tell you that last year 20 of those applicants were approved for an on-campus audition (there is a pre-screening). We usually have three positions a year to offer incoming students, and all positions are supported with a graduate student assistantship.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I am copying Professor Christopher Harding, chair of the department, in case you have further questions about this.

With best wishes,

Steven M. Whiting
Associate Dean for Graduate Studies

Hello Ms. Kim,

I am happy that Dean Whiting was able to answer your question about DMA auditions at my school. I would be happy to answer any other questions you might have as you prepare your applications. Please do not hesitate to write to me, and thanks very much for your interest in the University of Michigan.

Sincerely,

Christopher Harding, Chair of Piano
Associate Professor of Piano and Chamber Music
Advisor to the Dean for International Study
University of Michigan School of Music
chcm@umich.edu

2 U of Wisconsin

Dear Kathleen,

Thank you for your interest in our program.  Last year, twenty-five applicants applied to the DMA piano performance program, and five were accepted.

Sincerely,

Lisa Allman, Graduate Admissions Coordinator
UW-Madison School of Music

3 Boston University

Dear Kathleen,

Our acceptance rate tends to be approximately one candidate accepted for every three that apply.
Take care!

Sincerely,

Michael Champ, Admissions Coordinator
School of Music, College of Fine Arts, Boston University
cfamusic@bu.edu

참조하시기 바랍니다.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.