Q&A

HOME >  커뮤니티   >   Q&A  
Q&A

Re: Eastman School of Music rehearsal recordings

페이지 정보

작성자 뮤직에임 작성일19-10-23 20:27 조회13,344회 댓글0건

본문

안녕하세요, 미국음대유학 뮤직에임 입니다. 질문 주셔서 감사합니다. 답변하겠습니다.

UNT, Yale, NEC, Mannes 등의 음대에 이와 유사한 질문을 해서 "그렇게 해도 괜찮다' 하는 내용의 답변을 받은 기억이 있습니다. 하지만

Eastman은 이렇게 한 기억이 없어서, 문의편지를 보냈고, 답변을 받았습니다. 답변내용이 제 생각과 많이 달라서 여러분들이 참조하시라고 질문과 답변 메일을 게재합니다. 같은 전공의 학생들이 참조하시면 좋겠습니다.

질문메일 원본입니다.

Dear, Professor William Weinert,

Hi, my name is Bryan, a MM degree- looking student from Korea. I graduated from Korea National University (class of 2018) majored in

conducting and I am very much interested in applying for your orchestral conducting program .

I am writing to you because I have a question to ask on your application information. My question is as follow: 

As you may know, I have not been educated in English speaking class environment, and therefore, my pre-screening video, especially in rehearsal part, everybody speaks Korean, not English. I am wondering if this will be acceptable or not. If you do not accept the pre-screening, is it ok for me to put English subtitles ? Will it be satisfied 'video of rehearsal must be conducted in English.' part? 

It will be greatly appreciated if you answer to my question at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your warm consideration on this

matter, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Respectfully yours,

Bryan Oh, prospective MM candidate

Eastman School of Music에서 받은 답변 메일 입니다. 참조하시라고 전문 게재합니다.

Dear Bryan,

Thanks very much for your message.  As our application guidelines state, application videos of rehearsals must be

conducted in English.  We do not make exceptions to this.

MM and DMA Prescreening Requirement: All applicants must upload a preliminary conducting video recording by the application deadline. The conductor should be in full frontal or partial profile view; at least part of the ensemble should also be in view. Repertoire should be

appropriate to the musical and technical level of the ensemble. Video of rehearsal must be conducted in English.

I hope it works out for you to apply.

Best wishes,

William Weinert

Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2019 5:40 AM
To: Weinert, William <
wweinert@esm.rochester.edu>
Subject: A question on your pre- screening video recordings

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.