Q&A

HOME >  커뮤니티   >   Q&A  
Q&A

Re: BU prescreening repertoire

페이지 정보

작성자 뮤직에임 작성일17-10-19 13:30 조회14,960회 댓글0건

본문

안녕하세요, 뮤직에임에 질문 주셔서 감사합니다. 주신 prescreening information 문맥이 정확하지가 않아서 저도 학교에 문의를 했습니다. 그런데 학교의 정보도 잘못 된 부분이 있었다고 합니다. 곡은 6곡을 요구하는 것이 아니라 영, 불, 독, 이 가곡 4곡과 baroque 아리아를 포함한 오페라 아리아 1곡해서 모두 5곡이라고 합니다. 학교에 보낸 편지와, 학교에서 받은 편지 전문을 참조하시라고 전문 게재합니다.

Dear admissions officer,

Hi, I am trying to apply for your MM degree program in voice performance. Your admissions website describes that applicants should prepare and perform from memory a total of six (6) selections as follows:
• One (1) selection each in English, Itallan, German, and French art songs; the Italian selection may be a Baroque aria
• An operatic aria of your choice.

I am preparing my repertoire as follows;
1. Italian selection: La violette A. Scalatti
2. German selection: Gretchen am spinnrade F. Schbert
3. French selection: Madoline -C. Debussy
4. English selection: Love's philosopy- R.Quilter-
5. Baroque Italian opera aria: Vadoro pupile –Handel
6. Selection of my choice: Caro nome che il mio cor –G. Berdi

I wonder if my selection is fit for your guideline or not. Any comment or advice on my repertoire will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Respectively yours,
kathleen Y. Kim, prospective student

Hello, Kathleen,

Thank you for your email.  There was an error on the website that has been fixed--it is 5 selections as specifically indicated:  http://www.bu.edu/cfa/admissions/school-of-music/audition-information/voice/ Your repertoire does meet these requirements.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Best,
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Good morning Kathleen,

We apologize for not responding to you sooner!
All of your selections fit our guidelines but you seem to have an additional piece. You are only required to have 5 selections, as there will be one English, one Italian, one German, one French, and an operatic aria of your choice. You only need one Italian piece, and you seem to have two. It does list that the Italian may be a Baroque aria but it is not required. Therefore, you can choose from either La violette, or Vadoro pupile.
Please let us know if you have any further questions!
Sincerely,

Kel, BM Music Education/Vocal Performance ’20

>
 >
 > 안녕하세요. 성악석사로 Boston University에 지원하려는 학생입니다. 학교의 prescreen information에 보면 요구하는 곡이 모두 6곡인데, 가곡 4곡과 (이태리 곡은 Baroque aria 가능) 하나의 오페라 아리아 하면 5곡인데, 오페라 아리아 2곡을 준비해야 하는 것인가요?
>
> MM/PD Repertoire
>  Applicants should prepare and perform from memory a total of six (6) selections as follows:
> 1)  One (1) selection each in English, Italian, German, and French art songs; the Italian selection may be a Baroque aria
> 2)  An operatic aria of your choice.
 >
 >

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.