Q&A

HOME >  커뮤니티   >   Q&A  
Q&A

대학원 편입과 학점인정

페이지 정보

작성자 뮤직에임 작성일16-05-05 12:12 조회16,416회 댓글0건

본문

안녕하세요. 뮤직에임 입니다. 질문 주셔서 감사합니다. 대학원 편입 (transfer)에 대해서 문의하셨는데요, 대학원과정은 편입도 드물고 수강학점도 원칙적으로 인정 받지 못하는 것으로 알고 있습니다. 하지만 학교마다 protocol이 다를 수 있으니 반드시 해당학교에 문의를 해서 자세한 내용을 알아 보시는 것이 좋겠죠. 만일 U Arts에서 학위를 받을 생각이 아니고, California 주립대학에서 편입을 받지 않는다고 하면 말씀하신 U arts에서 한 학기 또는 두 학기만 공부한다는 것은 시간과 비용을 낭비하는 의미 없는 일이 될 수 있기 때문입니다.

말씀하신 California 주립대학 Long Beach (Bob Cole Conservatory of Music) Northridge (Mike Curb)에 편지를 보내서 답변을 받았습니다. 참조하시라고 전문을 게재합니다. 두 학교 모두 드문 경우이긴 하지만 편입이 가능하다고 했고 인정 받을 수 있는 최대학점 수는 9학점 정도가 되는 것 같습니다. 어떤 과목을 인정 받을 수 있는지는 해당 대학원 프로그램을 U Arts에서 수강할 과목들과 비교해서 해당 대학원 advisor에게 조언을 구하는 것이 좋을 것이라고 하네요. 한 학기 시간과 9학점이 걸린 문제이니 신중하게 선택하셔야 하겠습니다. 도움이 되었으면 좋겠습니다.

CSUN (Northridge)에서 받은 편지입니다.

Dear Charles,

We do accept courses from other graduate schools; however the courses to be accepted will be under the discretion of the music department itself. The most units you can transfer is 9. In order for the department to tell you if your classes are transferable or not you must apply first. So, you run the risk of not having any of them accepted as transferable. Also, I suggest that if you want to apply to CSUN you do it when we first open to the school. Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
no-reply@csun.edu [mailto:no-reply@csun.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2016 7:18 PM
To: Admissions, International <
intladm@csun.edu>
Subject: Form submission from: Contact Page

Submitted on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 7:18pm Submitted by user: Anonymous Submitted values are:
Email to: International Admissions
Name: Charles Kim
Your Email:
CSUN ID Number:
Your Phone Number: 821099450425

Questions/Comments:

Hi, my name is Charles Kim, newly accepted international graduate student at University of the Arts in Philadelphia, PA. I am writing to you in hoping that I get some advice and information from you. I am majoring Jazz Studies specializing in drum performance.

CSUN Mike Curb College of Arts, Media, and Communication has been my dream school for years, but I couldn’t get in because I decided to study in the US in late March this year, and it was too late for me to apply for Mike Curb. Although I am offered a quite sum of scholarship from the U Arts, I can’t make up my mind because I am not certain which way I should go. My questions are following:

1 Do you accept graduate transfer students from the other school?
2 If you do, can I get a transferrable credits?
3. Can I have a list of transferrable courses if you do have some?

It will be deeply appreciated if you provide me answers and advice on my questions. Thank you in advance for your warm consideration and concerns and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Respectfully yours,
Charles Kim, prospective transfer student

CSULB에서 받은 편지입니다.

Hello Charles,

Thank you for your email message.  Regarding your inquiry about transferring to our graduate program, please refer to our response following your questions below.  Please let us know if you have any other questions.

It might be a good idea if you check on the music program website and contact a graduate program advisor for some clarification.

Sincerely,

Emiko Kawashima, International Recruitment Director

Center for International Education

California State University, Long Beach

6300 State University Drive, Suite 230

Long Beach, CA  90815, USA

Sent:
 Wednesday, April 27, 2016 7:23 PM
To:
 CCPE-CIEAdmission
Subject: Questions on Graduate transfer

Hi, my name is Charles Kim, newly accepted international graduate student at University of the Arts in Philadelphia, PA. I am writing to you in hoping that I get some advice and information from you. I am majoring Jazz Studies specializing in drum performance.

CSULB Bob Cole Conservatory of Music has been my dream school for years, but I couldn’t get in because I decided to study in the US in late March this year, and it was too late for me to apply for BCCM. Although I am offered a quite sum of scholarship from the U Arts, I can’t make up my mind because I am not certain which way I should go.

My questions are following:

1 Do you accept graduate transfer students from the other school?

****We accept qualified students who meet our minimum admissions requirement. So, graduate transfer students may be offered admission.

2 If you do, can I get a transferrable credits?

****Regarding your question about transferable credits, your course work from the previous institution must be evaluated by the graduate advisor who will determine whether or not courses can be transferred.

3. Can I have a list of transferrable courses if you do have some?

****Since it’s not common for graduate students to transfer from another institution, there is no list of transferable courses.  You might be able to find courses that are part of our graduate program in the university catalog. 

> > > 안녕하세요. 뮤직에임 blog를 보고 문의 드립니다. 저는 드럼을 전공하는 학생이고, 대학을 졸업한지는 조금 되었지만 올해 초에야 뒤늦게 미국으로 유학을 결심했습니다. > > 실용음악이나 재즈 쪽으로 유학을 희망했는데 원래는 California 주립대학 Long Beach나 Northridge 중에서 한 곳에 가기를 원했습니다. 하지만 토플이 준비가 안 돼서 지원을 하지 못하고, 이곳 저곳 알아보고 U Arts에 입학을 하게 되었습니다. 장학금을 제법 받기는 했습니다만 그래도 학비와 물가가 만만치 않아서 제 생각에는 한 학기만 다니고 위 California 주립대학으로 편입을 하려고 합니다. > > 제가 만일 한 학기만 다니고 편입을 한다면 대학원과정인데 이 경우도 편입이 가능한가요? 또 편입이 가능하다면 제가 U Arts에서 수강한 과목들은 학점인정을 받을 수 있을까요? 그리고 학점을 인정 받을 수 있다면, 어떤 과목들을 인정 받을 수 있을까요. 아시는 대로 답변 주시면 감사하겠습니다. 좋은 하루 되세요^^ >

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.