Q&A

HOME >  커뮤니티   >   Q&A  
Q&A

Mannes additional English language support coursework

페이지 정보

작성자 뮤직에임 작성일16-04-15 12:56 조회16,081회 댓글0건

본문

안녕하세요, 후고님. 어제 학교에 급하게 문의해서 답변을 받았습니다. Mannes English requirement policy가 작년과 달라져서 혼란스러운 학생들이 많으리라 생각 되어서 학교에 질문한 내용과 답변을 전문 게재합니다. 도움이 되기를 바랍니다.

Questions on additional English language support coursework

Dear Richard (Georgia),

Thank you for your notification letter today but I got little bit confused. In your letter, you said “we highly recommend that you participate in additional English language support coursework prior to beginning Master of Music studies.” Based on this information, I have several questions to ask as follows:

1. Am I not officially admitted until I complete an additional English language support coursework?

2. If taking an additional English language support coursework is mandatory, how long is it going to take for me to complete this course work?

3. What type of I-20 are you going to issue as far as the getting an F-1 visa is concerned?

Since I also got the offers of admission from several schools including Manhattan School of Music, I have to figure it out what’s going on my application status with Mannes before I make a decision; therefore, it will be greatly appreciated if you give me answers to my questions with explanation. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Trustfully yours,

Kathleen Y. Kim, prospective MM composition student

Dear Kathleen:

Congratulations again on your acceptance. I am sorry for your confusion. Based on the error in our own test we have found that we would like to recommend additional English Language Courses for you prior to your enrollment. We have a program called English as a Second Language plus Music if you are interested in enrolling in that program you can do so this summer. To assure you I want to clearly answer your questions if have listed the answers below:

1. Yes, you are officially admitted to Mannes School of Music you do not have to complete the coursework prior to enrollment but we encourage you to do so. You will receive information shortly on how to enroll in the program this summer if you are interested in doing so.

2. English support courses are not mandatory but we feel that it would benefit you. The course takes approximately 10 weeks. 

3. If you choose to enroll in the summer course your I-20 will be issued for that and once you complete it you can transfer it to the Mannes Degree program. 

Please let me know if you have any questions I would be happy to help you and thank you for your understanding.

You can reach me at 212-580-0210 x 4805 or schmittg@newschool.edu

Regards,

Georgia Schmitt

GEORGIA SCHMITT
DIRECTOR OF ADMISSION
COLLEGE OF PERFORMING ARTS  

79 FIFTH AVENUE, NEW YORK, NY 10003
schmittg@newschool.edu
T 212.229.5150 x4805 

Dear Kathleen,

I also want to congratulate you on your acceptance. It looks like Georgia has addressed your entire question, but don’t hesitate to email if you any additional thoughts. Thank you!

Richard

Richard Kessler

Executive Dean, Performing Arts

Dean, Mannes School of Music

> > > 3월 28일에 Mannes 석사 과정 입학허가 편지를 받았는데 어제 학교로 부터 영어수업에 대한 편지를 받았습니다. 무슨 내용인지 정확히 모르겠는데, Manhattan이 오늘까지 입학여부 결정을 해야해서 사안이 급하게 되었습니다. 이 수업을 받아야지만 입학이 되는 것인가요? 그렇다면 기간은 얼마나 걸리며 입학허가서는 석사로 받지 못하는 것인가요? 도움 부탁드리고 받은 편지 아래에 첨부합니다. > > Dear Kathleen, > > We wanted to follow up on the decision letter you received from our admissions office. This year, Mannes used a new platform to administer and grade English language proficiency exams. We recently uncovered that there was an error in the grading of your exam, and would like to take this opportunity to apologize and rectify our error. > > After reviewing your corrected English language proficiency score, we highly recommend that you participate in additional English language support coursework prior to beginning Master of Music studies. > > At Mannes, we have a comprehensive ESL + Music Program which allows you to study with Mannes faculty while improving your English Language skills. You can enroll in additional language support coursework prior to enrollment in either the summer, fall or spring semesters. > > In the coming days, you will receive a detailed email with updated instructions to confirm your intent to enroll in Mannes and/or the ESL + Music Program. > > We understand that this news may cause some confusion and we are happy to answer any questions you may have. We look forward to helping you make this important decision. Thank you. > > Regards, > > Richard Kessler and Georgia Schmitt > > RICHARD KESSLER > DEAN > MANNES SCHOOL OF MUSIC > 150 WEST 85TH STREET, NEW YORK, NY 10024 > richardkessler@newschool.edu > T 212.580.0210 x4848 > > GEORGIA SCHMITT > DIRECTOR OF ADMISSION > COLLEGE OF PERFORMING ARTS > 79 FIFTH AVENUE, NEW YORK, NY 10003 > schmittg@newschool.edu > T 212.229.5150 x4805 > newschool.edu >

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.